Wednesday 25 October 2023

I still bake when i can

 I really dont know where I would be without my mixer as I would not be able to bake without it as I don't have the strength to mix or knead especially this week as I had a tumble with my foot drop and badly sprained my wrist and arm so today I made theese iced buns I wouldn't win any prizes for decoration but they taste amazing and really economical too they work out at less than 10p each 

My store cupboard is really important to me it enables me to make something when I can't get out for one reason or another 





Pasta bake toad in the hole gamon steaks, ham for sandwiches large pigs in blankets 
I had some wrinkly tomatoes and a packet of sausages  to use up.sausage rolls sponge pudding and bakewell tart style cake  and Belgium buns theese were all last months bakes.





Two more jumble sale finds all for £1.00 each.







    

I will replace the lamps in the bedroom with theese and sell the ones I have so win win 


Xxxx

6 comments:

  1. I'm sorry about your fall, I hope you're not too bruised. You're a domestic goddess. I'd forgotten all about iced buns, my Dad always used to buy them from Firkins as a Saturday treat when we were kids! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks vix getting there but dave had a really nasty fall Monday, my sister asked if we were in a competition he has had to have a load of stitches in his head we wrw in manor for 6 hours having different tests they were amazing as usual, dave loves iced buns we used to buy the lemon buns from firkin in friar Park on a Sunday it was a shop that used to sell day old cakes xx

      Delete
  2. The food you've baked looks lovely, especially the sausage rolls. My mouth is watering looking at the pictures. Sorry to hear you've had a fall and hurt your wrist. Hope it's feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back to blogland. What a pleasant surprise to see a post from you again. Your grandaughter is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou our grandaughter is such a lovley inteligent little person xx

      Delete

thank you for your message , Shabby