Tuesday 24 January 2017

I'me keeping these & health update


I buy job lots at auction for my business ,There is always something that i dont want to part with  but needs must.

But i am keeping these 

I love all the pretty floral china but to use every day its not practical because of  the guiding  you can't put it in the microwave  and i also defrost a lot of meals i have made  and soften butter so i need microwavable dinner set ,

 The whole mixed lot only cost £28 with lots of other things to sell  so i  can justify keeping this.
This Dinner set is ideal as there is no guiding and it's dishwasher proof and no matter how frugal i am i dont wash up at the sink as i break too much.






 I replaced the mirror i had in the bedroom with this gorgeous painted mirror ( Don't  worry i will sell the other mirror).






I love the glass cake stands and sold mine when i needed the money
but have regretted it since,
 so i was happy to find this one in the same lot.







Since moving house four years ago we have not touched the downstairs loo but i have been painting it over the last few weeks bit by bit and  over the wash basin was some plain white tiles,
I love the vintage patchwork tiles but can't afford them.

The other day i was in B & Q and they had this opened roll of wallpaper wich i cut the tile shapes out and glued them to the tiles and finished them off with some yatt varnish from poundland.   







I have the scan results , 
I have a kidney stone and They are not sure if the ovarian cyst i have has got any bigger ,
 When i was in my twenties i had one that eventually weighed  as much as a baby so i had to have major surgery  , I am just hoping it is not getting bigger its 6.5cm now but am not sure what it measured a few months ago when they discovered it 
 , I have had to the change the appointment for the neurologist wich will be next thursday now.   





Some more of my vintage finds.



















 xxxx

24 comments:

  1. Oh, my goodness! What lovely finds. I hope you find a market for all you don't want to keep for yourself. (I ♥ those blue & white patterned dishes!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rebecca , I sell on Ebay and do a market stall when i am well enough xxx

      Delete
  2. Very pretty things, and hope your health will soon be A1 again.
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's quite a stash of lovely finds.
    Hope they soon get you sorted out with that kidney stone.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila , The stone is not blocking any tubes so they are leaving it to see what happens xxx

      Delete
  4. Loving the vintage finds. Your downstairs loo tiling looks great, how clever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you , When you dont have much of an income you have to think outside of the box xxx

      Delete
  5. No wonder you have felt so ill with a kidney stone and a cyst, are they going to do anything about them? Great finds. I love what you did to the toilet tiles, such a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The thing is with even both of those heath problems they are just the tip of my problems hopefully next thursday will bring a start to more diagnosis xxx

      Delete
  6. Your finds are amazing. I particularly love the blue and white china and the clocks, oh and the glass cake plate...and the decanter and glasses...and...and... :)
    Hope they can help sort out your health soon x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol , Now you can see how difficult it is to let go of my finds xxx

      Delete
  7. The tiles look fab! Hope you get some treatment, and good luck with your other appointment. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Scarlet , I just want to be well enough to be able to do things like gardening without it making me worse

      Delete
  8. Some more great finds. I like the Hornsea, I have a collection of some of their muramic and other ceramics. I really love what you did with your bathroom tiles. It looks fab. I'm pleased you are starting to get some answers to your health concerns. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks , I love the tiles ,Somthing like that would have cost a fortune if we had to buy real patchwork tiles.

      Delete
  9. Hope you are okay sweetheart. Some lovely finds as usual. Love what you did with the tiling. Every now and then you have to have nice things for yourself you deserve it. There is always a way round things. I am still concrntrating on finishing my crochet hot water bottle covers. Then its the cross stitch cushion and then hopefulky a patchwork quilt. I havw been collecting large mens shirts in various colours for a while. I still have to strip them down but in the larger shirts there should be about a metre of fabric plus the buttons and scraps in each one. Have never made a quilt before other smaller patchwork pieces yes but not a quilt. So am looking forward to trying that out. Hugs Pattypan xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish i could do patchwork , I love it but its to fiddly for me , Not to mention the stuff i drop all over the floor when i am sewing , Its a nightmare , Hopefully some more results this week, Fingers crossed xxx

      Delete
    2. Hi Shabby its just me checking in to make sure you okay as it has been a little while. Do hope you are okay. Fingers crossed. Pattypan x

      Delete
  10. Such wonderful finds!

    The tiles are a masterpiece - how clever of you.

    I do hope your health issues improve.
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks veronica , I have always wanted patchwork tiles somewhere but couldn't afford them now i have some lol xxx

      Delete
  11. Your tile make over looks really good. I love the Thistle & Rose brooch. My husbands is a Scot & I'm English & when we got married 14 years ago, we were given a deoupaged picture of a Rose & Thistle which is exactly the same layout as your brooch but coloured. It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your tiled wallpaper is absolutely gorgeous, I love what you've done with it! I need some!
    While we were away we visited a synagogue, the floor was covered in hand-painted willow pattern tiles, brought over from Canton in the 18th Century. I was rendered speechless! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope you are able to be comfortable with your medical problems. Colour me jealous of your beautiful blue and white China. I decorate in blue and white and collect blue and white China. I love what you did with tiles as well. Very effective. Congratulations on a job well done.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your message , Shabby