Tuesday 2 October 2018

catching up

Sorry to my regular readers about the lack of blog posts its not intentional i just have more health worries at the moment , The neurologist sent me for a deeper scan at the Queen Elizabeth last week on the monday and on the wednesday i had the MRI department asking me to go for another one of the cervical spine next week ,They wanted me to go this week but traveling in peak traffic times we can do without, So next wednesday it is , Something i found unusual though is half way through  the Mri they did an Ecg which they left on for the remaining 15 mins  Don't know why they did this , The consultant has also found some old X Rays that show the elevated diaphragm is chronically elevated and its been like that for a good few years now , So that's the explanation for the lack of posts but i should have answers within two weeks now.


Here are some of my latest finds.

Jumble Sales







Auction finds

I have had this lot of Victorian  Mourning lace for ages now only just got around to taking the pics. 








The handbags three of them still have the original labels the other one is Immaculate, Ackery made handbags for the Queen and margaret Thatcher.











XXXX

14 comments:

  1. Hope all goes well when you are next at the hospital. Hopefully you will finally get a proper diagnosis. Great finds once again, I loved the mourning lace, so beautiful. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks , I love the lace too but i can't keep it lol xxx

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Yes it is ist on ebay at the moment its a wedgwood chranwood teapot its a starting price of 99p and four watchers no bidders yet it finishes on sunday evening , My Ebay name is countrycottagevintage , Good luck if you decide to bid xxx

      Delete
  3. I hope the results come soon and you finally get some answers.
    That mourning lace is lovely and the handbags are in great condition. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks vix , The handbags are mint , Hoping to do well with them , Might have to re list them nearer christmas xxx

      Delete
  4. Sorry to hear about your continuing health worries, I pray you get a good outcome. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope things get more sorted for you sooner rather than later. What excellent finds xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You , Its just the waiting game at the moment that is stressing me out xxx

      Delete
  6. I'm sorry to hear about your health issues. I love that stole! The lace is gorgeous, too. You can see that those handbags are very high end. Will have to check out your store.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you , The handbags are on etsy at the moment but i will transfer them to ebay this weekend , My Ebay name is shabbychicvintagecottage xxx

      Delete
  7. You have some good finds for the business!
    Hope you get a diagnosis soon so you can know exactly what you are dealing with. Is the c-pap machine suiting you, I have a couple of friends who had to give up using theirs. I am still doing fine with my apnea mouth appliance. JanF

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Jan , My cpap machine i have had now for 5 years , Initially i had to go on amitriptyline for about a year to be able to cope with the claustrophobic feeling but when you stop breathing 37 times per hour you have to keep persevering , Tell your friends it takes time but now its almost like a comforter lol , I have heard about the mouth appliance but was not offered that treatment xxx

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your message , Shabby