Wednesday 5 September 2018

A good start to the jumble season

We only had one jumble this weekend but it usually isn't a very good one but this one was , So i bought.


Hornsea

All they need is the lids re staining.



This fabulous flower jug that was once probably part of a jug and bowl set but i love it as it is.
I think this is a keeper for 50p.


Last week i sold off the bits and bobs of summer clothing i have left to cash for clothes ,
 I don't have the space to store it but i am planning on having a shed built next year,
 In the meantime,  I was in cash for clothes shop and the woman who was serving was doing a lot of moaning about how she was unhappy in her job and was going to leave so i was watching the  stuff  the man in front of me was cashing in , I can only say i wished i had seen him before he went in the shop as there was some good stuff in what he had and a  lot of it had new labels on , 
I asked him if i could have a pair of trousers for £1.00 he was pleased as the money was going to charity, They had still got the labels on, they were Eastex and were originally £69.99.






Then he bought out this vintage designer coat and a brand new hand knitted vintage cardigan. so i had them for £1.00 each too.




I was feeling a bit embarrassed and chuffed at the same time.


xxxx  

13 comments:

  1. I love the red coat and cardigan.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't be embarassed! Nothing ventured, nothing gained, as the saying goes.

    I love your jug - it was certainly worth every penny!

    I rarely go to our local tip as I bring home more than I'm dumping because I will ask people who are dumping things if I can have them before they put them in the skips. My last haul was lots of pottery pots for plants in the garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would be that same at the tip but ours is so fast moving you don't get chance to look xxx

      Delete
  3. Good idea staining the lids I have never thought of that. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. ow, an impressive haul. Love the jug, what a bargain and the red coat as a steal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes i was really happy with my finds this week, The jug is a keeper though xxx

      Delete
  5. That red coat's gorgeous - who's the designer?
    Whenever we drop things off at the charity shop we always end up bringing more home with us! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol , wish i could go through all the stuff at cash for clothes xxx

      Delete
  6. Love the red cardigan an what a fabulous price !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Those are incredible bargains, and such beautiful clothes. They look like they will last and last.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your message , Shabby