Wednesday 24 October 2018

Fed up with waiting

It's been a few months now since the bedroom revamped and i said i was not going to post about it until i had some curtains but that seems as though it's never going to happen at the moment , I won't pay shop prices for new curtains and just simply can't  get my hands on the right fabric to make some yet so i am showing  you without the curtains , I still need some bits and bobs at the moment it's a bit  bare for me , I want to introduce some of the roses colour that's in the bedspread. 


New Ikea bed complete with a new mattress  topper both for £170.00
Using already have laura ashley quilt antique pillowcases 



The lamps and lampshades  are from the range , I sold my old lampshades and got enough money to pay for both of them so they did not cost me a penny.



The feature wall was a Dorma discontinued  wallpaper for £10 a roll and we only had two. 




The padded hearts came from a jumble sale for 50p for 6 and i have them on all the cupboard handles.  



I might recover the yellow curtains for extra warmth instead of making them from scratch. 




The chest of drawers either side of the bed were made by my husband about 10 years ago , Mine houses my cpap machine and with a little shelf that fits on the top of an open draw half way down is a  perfect height .
The tongue and groove gives a cottage look.





The mirror was from an Auction a few years ago.


It's amazing how a bit of wallpaper and some pretty handles transforms a bog standard flat pack wardrobe. 






The ottoman was covered in a pretty blue fabric bough from a jumble sale for 30p years ago.




Some of my latest jumble sale finds.


The footstool was £2.00




I love these saucepans .




Some pretty plates 50p each.




some more of the vintage handbags from the auction lot.





xxxx

15 comments:

  1. Eileen it looks gorgeous, you are like me not rushing to buy something for the sake of it, if you wait long enough you will eventually find what you are looking for. I love the wallpaper and the way the wardrobe looks. Like you with the lampshades I often sell something so I can replace it with something else I fancy. You and I seem so very alike. I love those pans, I found a vintage judge cream and green pan the other week and its lovely but as us sellers know we can't keep it all can we. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks marline , I love the cream enamel , I had a collection of that in my old house , If i kept everything i liked you wouldn't be able to move in this house lol xxx

      Delete
  2. That looks lovely - fresh, but also cosy. I am sure that it would be possible to pay an eye-watering sum for a wardrobe like yours in one of those shabby chic designer shops that seem to have sprung up everywhere. I am also someone who is prepared to wait ages for the right item to come along at the right price. Strangely enough it always does in the end!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracey , I Know what you mean about those shops , I look at the prices and think does anyone really pay that , I've been watching the latest money for nothing and some of the items on there are really crap lol but they get some good money for them and have been using wallpaper and paint on things for a while now even before it became fashionable lol xxx

      Delete
  3. The bedside tables are great - the perfect height. I do that, too - sell something to raise the funds for a replacement.
    I'd make patchwork curtains if it were me - but I expect you knew that already! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks vix , Over the years we have thought about painting them but i am glad we decided against it , I did think about patchwork curtains , I might do it not sure yet xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two thoughts on the curtains. If you have time and energy ( and materials) I think Vix's idea of patchwork would be great, all different shades of blue and white only. Otherwise ( and of course you could do this with the patchwork too) stitching an extra layer onto the existing curtains would certainly work and give you extra insulation. Hope it all works out for you. Bit by bit you are really improving your home. JanF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan , Energy is really low at the moment , I really would like to pick some ready made up from a jumble sale , i have some good ones coming up this month so fingers crossed i will get some xxx

      Delete
  6. Your bedroom loves dreamy. Love the wallpaper and the bedding. It looks slightly less old fashioned than how it was but this is no way a criticism I love both looks. You always manage to make it all look very professional and finished off. Mine always looks done in a hurry!! I should not moan as I know you have health problems as we both do, but somehow you have perfected the art of perfection. Love Andie xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andie , I was artistic in school and do have an eye for detail , I am not very academic but love anything creative even though it takes a long time to achieve it with my health issues , Hope you are feeling well at the moment . Ps , What you cant see in the picture is lots of stuff under the bed for my business lol xxx

      Delete
  7. My dear friend, nobody should ever look under a bed!! My husband put me a small shed up just for my knitting wool and other bits and pieces. At the moment it holds all my knitting stash (lots). A brand new king size duvet. Three new pillows all bought in the sales. Toys for grandchildren. Stray kitchen stuff, tins, helpful things bought at Aldi and never used!! Lots and lots of plastic trays, and umpteen bags of old curtains, nets and cushion covers that I cannot bear to throw away. I open the shed and most of this falls at me. Thank you my health has been ok at the moment, we just have to battle on. Love Andie xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol , glad i'm not the only one , But at least the stuff that's under my bed is for my business lol xxx

      Delete
  8. The bedroom looks so lovely; I love the wallpaper.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your house looks lovely, you have a good eye for vintage decor.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your message , Shabby