Tuesday 20 December 2016

Merry christmas to all my blogging friends

I have mad a mental note to blog more in the new year  as this month my health issues have flared up and i have only done what really needed to be done
 I finally got the Christmas cakes Iced , The same design as last year but all white with a touch of silver , Its a very easy design to do as i am no cake decorator but even if i say so myself they always taste good .


One is ours and the other two are presents. 









 The Last  few years i had bought cake boards , Mincemeat , christmas cards etc in the sales, But last year all i managed to get was cranberry sauce when the co- op discontinued some lines.
So i will be defiantly on the look out for christmas bargains this year as it saves a lot of money.

But the ever used Christmas decorations have been used again.   



If you buy Quality items they will last you years , I dont mean spending a fortune, The tree came from a charity shop for £5.00 , The baubles too , They cost around £10 bought in separate lots   the star was from poundland , 







The fireplace garland is about 10 years old now we bought it from boundary mills in the sale , I took a present back that i had no receipt for so i had this in exchange , 
The other decorations on the mantle shelf  were from jumble sales and the teddy bear was a christmas present from our daughter about six years ago and the reindeer was instead of my bunch of christmas flowers from her  this year.  











Ebay has been left alone very much this month with the occasional listing but i have still bought some nice stock which i will share with you in the new  year , Here are just a few you might not have seen.


Wish i had a little girl to wear this , I think she a bit to big at 32.




Antique fire Accessory's  





This is huge and i love it , It might be a Christmas present to myself yet. 






 Also i am on a serious health kick now after seeing this photo our nik took of me when i went shopping in merry hill with her , No makeup as i was unwell too ,
 This will be my before picture , I have also let my hair grow as its cheaper that a short cut but it doesn't  do my any favors neither do the reindeer's     lol xxx 





A very Merry Christmas to Everyone who reads my blog .


XXXX

26 comments:

  1. I don't think anyone likes the look of themselves in photos I know I don't.
    Have a lovely Christmas xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. And a Happy Christmas and Prosperous New Year to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sue , I hope the prosperous comes true as my business has took of this year, Just hoping the present economic climate doesn't effect it too much xxx

      Delete
  3. Some wonderful finds.

    I hope you have a wonderful Christmas-x-

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree about a photograph being the catalyst for change. I hope to finish 2016 about 35lbs lighter than I started it, and it was a deeply upsetting photo that did it for me. I do feel better and am so cross with myself that I had got as heavy and unfit. Good luck with the New Year target and festive wishes to all your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you , Glad somebody understands , My problem is the medication for me heart and underachieve thyroid that i am on medication for so to be able to compensate for these i must eat no more than 1400 calories and that's just to start of with after i have lost more weight it will have to go even lower , A merry christmas to you and your family too xxx

      Delete
  5. Lovely Christmas cakes and decorations and don't let your photo upset you - we all have our off moments when we feel a mess. I love the painting in your sitting room, it reminds me of an Elizabeth Forbes (wife of Stanhope Forbes) or even a Tissot, but I don't think it's either, perhaps a painter I don't know. But I think it's lovely (your tree is pretty, too, of course!)
    Margaret P
    www.margaretpowling.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you mean the painting (print) by the tree is a Renoir print , I have had it for years it didnt cost a lot but i love the dresses they wore and the light is beautiful , I dont care that its a print , I love it anyway xxx

      Delete
  6. I've seen you in real life . You've got great skin, fabulous hair, a lovely face and always turn heads.
    Have a lovely Xmas and enjoy your beautifully decorated house.
    That coat is gorgeous! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks vix , You have made me feel better xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Thanks Wendy , I keep thinking as i have four years to go until i am 60 that i need to cut my hair but it so expensive for repeat visits , I will make my decimation in the new year xxx

      Delete
  9. You have decorated your home beautifully, a real delight to see. I love the red coat it reminds me of one my daughter had when she was little. Wishing you and yours a wonderful Christmas and best wishes for the New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you , Even though its done on a budget it doesn't have to look like it is does it , I have so many frugal plans for the new year xxx

      Delete
  10. Your home looks lovely. Merry Christmas and I look forward to reading your blog next year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely finds you have there. Didn't realize you were near to me. I often pop up to Merry Hill. Have a lovely Christmas, and good luck with getting fit. I intend to do that too after Christmas. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Sally c and Beverley, for some reason i cannot comment individually , some technical fault, Sally i am so excited for next yaer , The jumbles start in January and i have some auctions penned in for then too , Beverley , We live in Rushall , Walsall Originally from wedensbury near junction 9 of the m6 . I plan to be fit in 2017 xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can I echo what Vix and others have said, you have a lovely face and really don't look your age. Just sort out your health and the rest will follow, you *are* lovely! I haven't bothered to go to Merryhill at all this month, it's much too manic for me.
    You have some wonderful finds yet again too and I adore the red coat :) Gorgeous cakes and decorations too. Have a wonderful Christmas x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you , You are kind , We went to merry hill at the beginning of the month it was fine , Like you though i wouldn't go now , My brother is an assistant manager at poundland and he said its really busy xxx

      Delete
  14. Everything looks lovely E, including you! I love your hair - it looks shiny and healthy. At that length mine looks ratty, so I'm very envious.
    Happy Christmas to you and the family. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Scarlet , My hair is quite thick and i look after it just with poundland shampoo lol xxx

      Delete
  15. Thank you , A Merry Christmas to you too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are brave going to boundary mill, I always feel so exhausted after going in there !!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your message , Shabby