Monday 6 November 2023

kitchen update & jewellery questions

Its took some time and money to get the kitchen how i like it as it
has to be practical now due to health issues.
 The housing asscoiation put in a new kitchen and we had the layout changed so we could get a small table and chairs in
I choose the cream with wood style work tops the nearest we  could get to the country style that i love but  it  came with steel handles that  were too modern for the style I wanted so we had them  changed to the copper ones 
I would have loved a large range cooker but they are so expensive and my kitchen is just not big eneough so was happy with my belling cooker which fits in well.
My fridge freezer stopped working after 10 years so I was really pleased when I found the retro one for a fraction of the price of most retro fridges and its got a much bigger fridge too.
The tiles were plain cream so we made them more interesting with blue and white tile stickers.




I still found a place for my cake stands 





I found two lovely costume jewellery necklaces both have identification tags on but for the life of me i cant find any information about them and  was just wondering if they were designer or just cheap costume , if anyone knows i would be very grateful of information regarding them.










12 comments:

  1. Your kitchen looks beautiful. I love the copper handles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your kitchen and how you have personalised it. I hate the sterile, impersonal, generic look of a lot of modern kitchens. My own kitchen is small and I have 3 graduated glass cake stands which took up a lot of space. My solution was to stack them up and use them as a tiered fruit stand. They are in a corner, so don't get knocked over and I can still use them as cake stands when I need to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou i am with you there i cant watch programs like grand design i have a clinical cold look wish i had a country cottage but we are luckt to live where we are , the cake stand is a fabolous idea but i would break them even up a corner lol xx

      Delete
  3. Your kitchen looks lovely, I love the tiles and the copper handles and what a great collection of cake stands.
    That jewellery isn't ringing any bells, I've even tried Google Lensing it and there's nothing coming up. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks vix , that jewellery is driving me mad i dont know how many hours its taken me so far in research i think i need to give up xxx

      Delete
  4. I'm glad you're back. Your kitchen looks absolutely fabulous and love those copper handles. The bracelet seems a cross between an old fashioned charm bracelet and a Pandora type. I did some googling but like Vix couldn't find anything. Hugs Gill Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks gill i have just bought some vintage stew pans from ebay to rplace the metal ones i have had for ages i am trying to add a little bit more colur now , still no look on finding the jewellery makers , thanks for looking for me i am going square eyed lol xx

      Delete
  5. I have not seen anyone cover their stove burners like that. It certainly adds counter space, but I am afraid I would accidentally turn on one of the burners while covered, like catching my shirttail on it or something. It still looks handy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thats entirley the reason to add counter space as its such a small kitchen , i am very clumsy and forgetfull at times but havent turned the burners on yet xxx

      Delete
  6. I thought I recognized this blog. So glad to see you are back and I love how your kitchen looks. I would gladly duplicate every item and design that you put together. Very nice. Ranee (MN) USA

    ReplyDelete
  7. hello Rae thought i would have a go at blogging again i wnt to intragram but its all about reels now and thats anoying plus its difficult for me to film with my hands xxx

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your message , Shabby