Sunday 17 February 2019

Saying Goodbye

Hello and goodbye, 

I have been less and less frequent in blogging over the past two years and find it difficult to find what to write about but since i have been on Instagram i much prefer the quick style of that to blogging , My life dictates the time i have to do things now and i much prefer pictures to writing , Our health issues are ongoing ,My husband had his emergency appointment with the nurolagist come through for April but has since  twice weekly had more of the worrying episodes and the doctor has managed to bring his appointment forward to two weeks time , I have just had a heart monitor for a month which produced some weird  traces waiting to hear off that and i have also had a nerve conduction study , so our life is set around hospital appointments , We hardly go out at the moment so i don't have treasures to share much at the moment either , I would like to thank all my followers for your continued support and kindness over the years and if you want to follow  me on Instagram look for vintageandfrugalhome , Thank you so much xxxx 
I'me off to do some baking , I cant decide what to bake though. 
Eileen xxx















17 comments:

  1. Sorry to read you're both still having so many health problems, I hope you get some answers, and some relief, soon. As for blogging, you must do what is best for you. I don't do Insta, unfortunately, I can only cope with one form of social media! lol. Your baking is lovely and your vintage pieces show it off to perfection. Take good care of yourself and OH, perhaps you could put the odd post up to let us know how your health matters pan out. I have enjoyed seeing all your vintage finds. Regards, Sooze x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello sooze , I will do that , I just done want to bore anyone xxx

      Delete
  2. You will be missed Eileen but I totally understand, thankyou for sharing your life with us over the last few years. I shall keep in contact on the gram. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm like Sooze...only able to handle one form of technology. You'll be missed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks rebecca will pop into your blog from time to time xxx

      Delete
  4. You will be missed. I do hope you will post occasionally to let us know how you are doing with your ongoing health issues. Loved all the baking, wished I lived nearby so I could taste some of it. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you will pop over to your blog too from time to time xxx

      Delete
  5. So sad to see you go Eileen, I so enjoyed seeing all your treasures. Your baking all looks delicious. Like the others said, I hope you post once in a while and let us know how you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Janice , I will update when we get some concrete news xxx

      Delete
  6. Hi Eileen,
    I liked your blog very much. Hope you and your husband's health improves. May I ask what is the second cake in your delicious line up of beauties is? They all look amazing, but that one looks like something my family would really love.
    Thank you and take care,
    Barb in Pennsylvania USA

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello barb , Its a bit like a bakewell tart without the almonds , Its a pastry base baked blind then spread with jam then a one stage sponge baked on top , then iced , Its something i created myself and the family do like it , Its quite frugal without the almonds and less dense than a bakewell tart xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry to see you go too but understand why you must Eileen. I can't do Instagram either. Hope you both feel better soon. Hugs, Angie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks , I am feeling a bit guilty now with the people who dont do Instagram not being able to follow me xxx

      Delete
  9. Thank you for sharing your journey
    I wish you both well take care of each other.
    You will be missed,I think you have touched peoples lives more than you know.
    I hope you will post occasionally with updates x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words , I think i will post with updates every now and again if we have any true diagnosis xxx

      Delete
  10. Hope the year improves for you and you feel able to let us know how you are from time to time. Love and prayers for you both x

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your message , Shabby