Friday 1 February 2019

Hello again

Things are ongoing with the health issues that's all i am going to say so  i wont bore you , I want to get back to posting what this blog is all about , Thanks for all your concerns though.


So what have i been up too , Well with the Christmas period and the weather the way it is at the moment , there have not been many opportunities to buy fresh stock so i looked back at what i have bought in previous years and even i must say i have had some beautiful vintage pieces , Here are just a few.












































  


I will be shearing all my new vintage buys with you through  the year if you ever see anything you like you can message me on IG or Vintagefrugalhome or Shabby chic vintage on Facebook with  good discounts for my followers on here ,just mention my blog.



I have updated the spare room which was like this i loved the wallpaper but you could see the paste marks on such a dark paper.





 Its now the spare bedroom and looks like this. Most of the items in this room are from boot sales, Jumble sales or charity shops ,The  wallpaper was from B & Q , lots of the items i have had for years and always believe in using what you have up- cycling it in a different way , The only new thing in this room is the bed and mattress which is from B & M. 












I have also been  baking , I found a new to me Old fashioned fruit cake recipe in a vintage homepride cookery book but being a frugal cook i used lidl's flour, It filled two tins and keeps for a long time if you can resist it. 


12 comments:

  1. There are some lovely things there and the cake looks tasty too! Tracy X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Tracey , This just a fraction of what i find on a regular basis , Its just this month and December that are my quietest xxx

      Delete
  2. Hi Shabbi you have indeed found some lovely things. That cake looks really good too. I follow a blog which is predominantly about old thrifty Cornish recipes and different takes and variations on a theme. It is a lovely blog and I regularly try one of the recipes out. the blog is here: http://recipesfromacornishkitchen.blogspot.com/2019/01/buntys-fruit-cake-buntys-daughter.html. Hope you are both okay take care Tricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness what a post, a real feast for the eyes. So many glorious things to look at it was amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Patricia, Hope you are well , Thanks for the link , Was it you who bid on those art nouveau patterns , I found them out whilst i was clearing the cupboards out the other day , If it was i will be listing them with a buy it now price soon if you are still interested, Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to see you blogging again Eileen, I really love your blog.
    I love seeing all your treasures, I know I have said it numerous times but you have a very good eye.
    I love the pictures I do have a thing for a nice gold frame, oh and thought plaque/pictures with the cherubs I would love to own, especially the second one.I think I saw one of the Christmas tins on the Antiques Roadshow once. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Marlene , I love gold frames too i wanted to keep the pictures but needs must , Yes the Christmas tins have been on the roadshow but i think it still had the contents inside this one didn't, I wanted to keep the plaque pictures too but Dave dent like them and as i get my own way mostly i couldn't push it lol xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you are feeling better soon . That cake looks yummy ...what time is tea ? Debbie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello debs , Nice to hear from you again , Our health is a nightmare at the moment to much to mention , When we have some concrete diagnosis i will blog about it , I still look at your blog although i don't comment much , I absolutely love your garden you are so lucky to live in Cornwall xxx

      Delete
  8. Oh you do have some lovely things.
    I used to use the Heaven Sent perfume and another one called White Fire that used to come in a tiny red bottle with a tall gold top...lol it takes a bit of getting used to that something you used to use is now classed a 'vintage'.
    The cake looks wonderful.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
  9. its good things for this article and about ,nice blog post
    Thank you so much for this
    Vintage Home Décor Ideas


    ReplyDelete
  10. Your bedroom looks gorgeous, love the dark floral wallpaper! x

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your message , Shabby