Saturday 5 January 2019

Happy New Year to everyone

Hope you have all had a Merry Christmas and are looking forward to the new year ,To be honest christmas this year has got in the way for us as my husband has had the results from his Mri and it shows no sign of strokes but he his still having the disabling events that slur his speech and the loss of use of his limbs ,
 The last episode saw him to fall on all fours and i had to try and get him back into his chair , He had two one day after the other recently and  is now waiting for an emergency appointment with the neurologist and the holiday has held this up.



 Anyway i still made some effort especially with the christmas gift wrapping, I always have lots of broken jewellery so i used it to embellish gifts.

















I had all the ribbons and paper in the red and green lot left over from previous years and the robin transfers i bought a few years ago , All i had to buy was one roll of paper for the second lot and some tags which cost me £2.00.

I was also not in the mood to bake christmas cakes this year but bought two reduced from Aldi at £1.99 each after christmas,




I want to do some sewing as i am getting bored  but  unfortunately i  decided last year that life was too busy for any sewing so i  sold my sewing machine ,
 Now i regret it so much , I bought the singer one from an auction but  my daughter used it as a prop for the school play and it came back minus the original needle, 
Plus i am not sure how to thread the lozenge shaped bobbin ,So today i advertise on freecycle to see if anyone had one to give away and an hour later i had this one delivered.



It's a bit tatty , It looks better in the picture than it is really but there is no bobbin case , I think i have one somewhere and  will go on a hunt tomorrow , I am just wondering it they are a standard size 
 It  also needs a needle not sure if a universal one will fit but i will try it , It does work and seems like a heavy duty one , 
The problem is i can't leave my husband alone at the moment and can't earn any money so i need to watch every penny hence not being able to buy one outright.


This christmas i had two lovely cath kidston presents.




Tonight we are having our version of a chinese curry.


This is off amazon , We don't like Indian , well i don't like either really, I  just have a stir fry 




This photo is from a couple of weeks ago , We do tend to have this though on a saturday evening.


   xxxx

17 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to read of all you're juggling. Your gift packaging came out beautifully! Hope you're able to track down what you need to get that machine up and running. Meanwhile, I pray for a proper diagnosis for your husband's condition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rebecca , Happy New Year to you , Its so frustrating not knowing, Thanks for your prayers xxx

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year! Sorry to hear of D's ongoing health issues,. let's hope he gets some answers soon.
    Have a look in eBay for universal bobbins - one of mine was missing one and I found one for next to nothing. Needles are usually universal, you can find them on eBay and Wilkos stock them as well.
    Good to see you were spoilt with pressies.
    How exciting was Luther? I can't stand having to wait for another series, I loved seeing Idris every night! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy new year vix to you and John, I have some universal needles will try them , I have a bobbin case i am sure but need to get to the bottom of my cupboard to find it tomorrow , Yes i love my cath kidston , I LOVED luther we both did , I said to dave they have left it open to another series , Glad there is so much quality telly this month to keep us occupied .Have a lovely holiday xxx

      Delete
  3. Such beautifully wrapped gifts, just the outer part was a gift in itself, so I am glad as can be that you photographed them.
    Best wishes for your husband's diagnosis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan , My friend loved the top ones she didn't want to open them and our daughter especially loved the icicle pendent , she is going to put it on her tree xxx

      Delete
  4. Errr is your partner taking Pregablin or Gabapentin for other matters, as he has very similar symptoms to those that my partner had . The neurologist was suitably horrified that a regularly prescribed painkiller does this sort of thing to some lucky people

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Kate, He doesn't use any of those he tried them at one time and they didn't help . He is on methotrexate for his Rheumatism but there are not many pain killers that he can take with the drugs he is on for his epilepsy xxx

      Delete
  5. I am so sorry to hear about the continued episodes of your hubby, praying that he will get a quick appointment and a diagnosis is found. I loved how you wrapped your gifts with the beautiful addition of the jewellery. Best wishes for the New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hopefully we will have an appointment for him soon xxx

      Delete
  6. I do hope they soon get to the bottom of what is wrong with your husband.

    Your gifts look amazing.

    Hope 2019 is a good year for you.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sheila hoping for a bit of better luck this year xxx

      Delete
  7. Sorry to hear your husband is having problems still, I can see how stressful it must be for you both, when you can't earn so much and have to do a juggling act, with you being frugal should be a great help, when there are problems we manage to get through them in the end, I have a poorly husband as well, he hasn't been able to do a thing for months now, and has to wait until March for his hospital appointment. Love the idea of old jewellery in your gift wrapping, I keeping any broken bits from now on to do the same, great idea. I have always made a Christmas cake every year, but do you know what I just didn't feel like it, I bought a small one from Lidl and it was nice. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks marlene , I hope your hope they manage to sort your husband out in march Its so frustrating the waiting game isn't it, I have found out even pre christmas prices its cheaper to buy a christmas cake but when i am in the mood i do love to make one xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. here's to a better 2019 for your husband xxx ps I keep my wrappings and ribbons & stuff too for more present wrapping.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, I'm sorry about your husband having health issues. He needs to a neurologist to be evaluated for a motor neuron disorder. My sister has struggled with severe health problems for 20 years & just had a stem cell transplant. She still has seizures & they don't know why. I hope all turns out well. I follow you on Instagram but can't find your eBay account, but found your blog. Best wishes for your husband. How nice to get a machine. If you were me I would have a gold old Singer for you.....I think you are in UK. I'm in Indiana, US. Hopefully the bobbin case gets sorted. If you get it going and stitches aren't right....you may need to change which direction the needle fits . I've found that with my old machines-- a lot of differences .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Holly , Thanks for coming over , My husband has an emergency appointment with the neurologist looming so we hope to have some answers soon, The machine i had of freecycle had a major part missing so i have had to scrap that one and the singer one i love but i cant get a needle to fit it so that one is going to be used as display, so i am still on the hunt for a machine , I will get one though i am determined , My ebay account is called shabbychicvintagecottage , If you look for poison perfume that's one of the listings at the moment so you should be able to find it form that , Take care , Eileen xxx

      Delete

thank you for your message , Shabby