Thursday 5 July 2018

Fantastic time in yorkshire

We had a fantastic week in yorkshire , The caravan was Beautiful ,Extremely clean ,So well equipped and such a great position on the site we had no caravans to the right of us the ones at the back were elevated and quite a bit back from our van so there was only one van directly to the left of us and that was unoccupied for the week , It was sheer Bliss , This was the view from out van , Uninterrupted sea views


I spent a lot of the time on the decking soaking up the views 


Here is the link 


https://www.directholidayhomes.co.uk/4778


We visited the usual seaside towns of scarborough and bridlington wich to be honest i was disappointed with the cleanliness of the towns from previous visits , I am not sure if its to do with council cuts but they were not as clean as our last visits , On the other hand Filey just up the road was just as clean and pretty as before , We also visited Beverley , Pickering and Malton , My type of places, beautiful towns , One other let down was strawberry fields boot sale , I honestly don't know  if i was getting mixed up with another boot sale in the Area but the one i remember was huge and this one wasn't, If you live in yorkshire and know of any huge boot sales please message me to let me know , But i still as you all know me managed to get some great vintage finds , But wherever we visited  during the day it was great to retreat to our beautiful home for the week. , It was usually mid afternoon so we had plenty of time left in the day to enjoy the stunning views .


The vintage finds from yorkshire


Beautiful Duck Egg Blue Durham Quilt 



Laura Ashley vintage wallpaper





Gorgeous Biba Dress





Pukka Luggage suitcase  





The garden containers are looking good this year  




I am starting to use mirrors in the garden i have a few more to find places in the garden to located them.




XXXX


13 comments:

  1. What beautiful views from your caravan.
    So glad you enjoyed your time away and I love your vintage finds.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello sheila , Yes we had a lovely week so relaxing thanks xxx

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you had a great week. We regularly visit Beverley and Malton when we go home to Yorkshire. North Cave has a biggish car boot sale on Sundays that I sometimes visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OHH thanks foe that tip i will look it up for next time we visit , We will we using the same van again hopefully xxx

      Delete
  3. Your finds are lovely. Do you keep them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks , Some of them i do but they are mainly to sell in my small business , I sell on Ebay , Just starting Etsy and also on Facebook xxx

      Delete
  4. I'm glad you had a lovely relaxing time. I bet it's done you both the power of good.
    Loving how pretty your garden is looking and intrigued by the suitcase. Pukka is a Hindi word - is it made in India? xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello vix , There is nothing anywhere to say where it's made but i looked them up on Ebay and they are fetching around £30 , I will be happy with that as it only cost me £1.00 , So i was chuffed xxx

      Delete
  5. Wow-that is an amzing view from the caravan. I can’t work the link because the site looks like somewhere we would like to visit. I have been married for 46 years to a Scarborough man’s son, so he spent all his childhood holidays there. We spent our honemoon there in December 1971- I alaways love the seaside in winter. Sadly, I agree about Scarborough and Bridlington. I was so sad to see the overgrown and neglected Italian Gardens last year. We love Filey too. We’re off to Yorkshire on Monday to visit the Sculpture Park for a few days so I’m praying for cooler weathe4. Glad you had a good break and your finds are amazing-you truly have “the eye” for beautiful finds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sorry the link didn't work , when i tested it, It did , If you go to direct holidays , Its the private static caravans to let site and you book direct with the owner , Then pick out reighton sands caravan park from the drop down menu you will find it amongst those ones, It should be easy to find , Hope it gets better for you , I have just done my market stall for four hours today and its done me in lol xxx

      Delete
    2. Thanks for this-we were looking for a pitch for motorhome and it looks just the ticket.

      Delete
    3. Hello Catriona , The only problem is the pitches for mobiles are further back in the site and i don't think they have sea views you would have to check xxx

      Delete
  6. What a lovely week you had with the bonus of some wonderful vintage finds, well done! I bet the rest did you both a power of good xx

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your message , Shabby