Sunday 5 January 2020

Another update

For the people who don't follow me on Instagram , Here are just a couple of things i have done in my blogging absence  



The cupboard i had my linen in that was  given to me by my friend mel , I loved it but it was starting to look tired so here are the before and after photos.






This is it now.







We used the william morris style wallpaper to decorate the chimney breast in the living room , The spare was used to line the cupboard.






I made some curtains for our bedroom , If you remember i was waiting for some to come along from a jumble sale or car boot , It didn't happen , Then my friend mel gave me a lot of fabric of which this butterfly fabric in blue i used to make the curtains , she gave me the linings fabric and tape too , 
She is amazing , 
so they didn't cost anything but my time to make.
I have some fabric left so will cover the ottoman when i get around to it. They fit in well with the blue and white of the  bedroom.




I have also been trying to find  an Eiderdown to fit in there instead of my red one that has lost a lot of feathers , Over the past year i ordered three , not one of them fit just right either by size or design needless to say  i got my money back by re selling them for a little bit more than i paid for them to cover all the fees and postage.
Here are two of them.
So now i am going to have a go at making one so its just right.




II did find however one for the spare room that fits in well it was damaged  so i got some lace butterfly  repaired the holes and used the butterflies to cover the stitching .






This was my last jumble sale haul , nothing was over £1.00





I wanted to share my best christmas presents , The watch was off my daughter with some heated rollers plus lots of other gifts and the brooch is off my friend mel .







There are lots of bargains to be had in the shops with food after christmas i managed to get this marzipan , Its now in the freezer like everything i buy that's reduced.





xxxx

13 comments:

  1. Some lovely finds there Shabby and some lovely presents. I love traditional quilts. I don't know whether you have a tumble drier or not but with my vintage satin quilt to fluff it up every so often I bung it in. I also do this regularly with my feather cushion pads. Gets rid of any dust and also plumps everything up again. With feather stuffed items you always get a few feathers escape every so often. Love what you have done to the linen cupboard. Take care Pattypan x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks patricia , Yes i know about the fluffing up in a tumble dryer but it doesn't work with this one as when i bought it , It was flat anyway ,I will get what i want eventually lol xxx

      Delete
  2. I love seeing all your beautiful home, I love your style and I love seeing all and your finds Eileen. I so love your brooch, purple is my favourite colour. Great price on the marzipan.
    As you will see from my comment I have changed the name of my blog I have just wrote a post about it.
    Marlene xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello marlene , Thanks itsx nice when people say they like my home as even now i still get upset occasionally about having to leave our own home , especially the kitchen but i have plans to get a kitchen that i am hoping to love just as much this year and purple is my favorite colour , That's another thing we have in common xx

      Delete
  3. I just love what you have done to the linen cupboard, it looks amazing. What a great stock of linen a real feast for the eyes. You have been blessed with some fantastic gifts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou , I love Antique linen , Its a passion always looking out for more , Yes i love my presents xxx

      Delete
  4. Very clever to use the butterfly's as patches. I love how your cabinet turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your armoire makeover is fantastic, it looks so much more "you" now! The curtains are so pretty and I love the jumble sale cushion cover, is it embroidered? It's got a folksy Eastern European look to it.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks vix , The cushion is embroidered , I have just had delivered of ebay two crochet cushion covers in the sort of shades will post a picture soon xxx

      Delete
  6. Really nice work on the armoire! What did/will you do with the fancy top part?
    Nice jumble bits too, especially the blue & white floral linen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou , Because the top inside was just a shape and used to collect dust,i eliminated that part to put a board over the top as it used to collect so much dust , No doubt it will pop up in a future project in years to come as i don't throw much away xxx

      Delete
    2. So glad it's not gone! Would look lovely over a single bed or a doorway.

      Delete

thank you for your message , Shabby