Tuesday 21 August 2018

British Gas

As you probably know British Gas have put there prices up yet again and up until now being a customer of theirs i have never looked into changing supplier but this week i looked into it and was surprised at how much we could save but disappointed that all the deals  were only for people who pay by direct debit , We always  pay quarterly and will never pay by direct debit as to me paying this way it would take years to gain any savings as you always overpay compared to your usage and your money is not your own , If anyone knows of a company that i can transfer to that i can save money with paying the way i want to pay please let me know, In the meantime we are trying new ways to save money on our fuel bills. 


I am getting in the mood for the bakeoff , Today i baked old fashioned butterfly cakes ,Some were for a present which saved me about £10 



Some of my vintage finds this past month.

 Quirky Lowry style hand painted earnings


Antique christening gown.





This came in a lot of linen , Its made of a wool type of fabric , Anyone know anything about it , Whats it for , When it was made please 


I've been messing about in he bedroom again with some vintage brooches. 



Right , Its three o'clock in the morning again , I'me going back to bed to try and go back to sleep.


XXXX 

15 comments:

  1. Hope you managed to get back to sleep!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sooze , Just got up at 8.30 but didn't go to sleep properly until around 5 ,well that was the last time i looked at the clock , Its my sleep Apneoa , I have a review at the hospital soon , I am hoping they will be able to sort out the central apneoa part of my problem , I can go to sleep easily enough its staying asleep when i stop breathing , Its getting me down now xxx

      Delete
  2. Those vintage brooches were beautiful, they have made a great display.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I doubt you will find a company that will not charge you extra for paying on the bill. I use SSE and put in my usage weekly so I can see hoe much we have spent. Its easy to change your payment if you find you are getting too far ahead, they will also refund you if you get too far in front. OK you will not get interest on that money until you actually put it in the bank, but I find it easy to keep check I am not putting too much in their pockets. Of course you can always run 'in debit' and pat the difference at the end of the quarter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that but British gas wont let you run in debit its so over estimated , Although another company might do xxx

      Delete
  4. Your cakes look like they should be in a magazine x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fiona , They do taste good , I had to control myself that i don't eat lots of them xxx

      Delete
  5. If it had some ties on it, then I would have thought that it could be a liberty bodice but I can't see any ties - I can remember wearing vests and liberty bodices in the winter of 63 - they were needed then ☺☺ xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes i am still waiting for vintage vixen comment she might know , I was born in 1960 and can still remember wearing a vest in the winter too , I think it was so cold then as there was no central heating and everywhere was cold we had icicles on the bedroom window and i remember having red marks on my legs from sitting by the gas fire xxx

      Delete
    2. Hello,. I think the wool cardigan type top is a bed jacket. I have some old knitting patterns that are similar. Living in a home which we heat just with wood, I have been known to wear a sweater to bed!

      Delete
  6. Hi Eileen,
    We are with SSE for electric and gas, we have pay as you go here, which I prefer. I love butterfly cakes, I could just eat one now. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you lived near i would have give you one but they have all gone now lol xxx

      Delete
  7. We are with Octopus as their energy is green electric, we dont have gas. We do a monthly meter reading, pay by direct debit, and get money back if we are careful with electric used, as we get regular statements from them we can keep an eye on it all. Octopus were our second change in supplier and we have gained financially both times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good , There was somebody in Sunday nights dragons den who were an online company who did your swapping for you every 12 months it sounded really good so i am going to take a look at them xxx

      Delete

thank you for your message , Shabby