Wednesday 1 August 2018

"Brilliant " You Tube

I don't use the dryer unless its absolutely necessary but having washed our winter quilt while the weather has been fine after a day it was still damp, 
As its, a feather one I needed to finish drying it as the next day was heavy rain and I know from experience if you leave feather items to dry slowly they can develop a smell and it's not very nice,
 Unfortunately, the dryer stopped working completely, I was worried that when the winter comes we would need a new one but after watching some YouTube videos we found out what was causing the problem, It was two tiny little parts  that cots 14p each, With the help of our son in law (we both have issues with fine movements), It was repaired and is now in full working order.
The point is how many people would have just gone out and bought a new dryer.



The garden is not looking too bad despite the weather 



I still need some plants for my hanging baskets that Mel gave me but I am waiting for Morrison to get fresh stock. We don't have a hosepipe ban yet but instead of water every day I am spacing it out over a few days.











I planted these today, The bees were Buzzing around when I was planting them, They were paid for out of the  money I had saved from my Birthday money  from  my friend Mel and our daughter has bought me a wisteria and a white Buddleia that I am still contemplating where to plant them, The rest of my plants were from jumble sales/car boots  or reduced  from 
B & Q over the last five years since we moved in.




   xxxx 

13 comments:

  1. Glad you have your dryer back 28p for parts is amazing!
    You are right most people would just buy a new one.
    Love the blue paint you have used so pretty and vibrant.

    Take care x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes i think we will watch you tube more in the future xxx

      Delete
  2. Your garden is looking lovely!
    Yes, You Tube is brilliant for tutorials. Jon repaired the oven, can solve any VW problem and I learnt to crochet. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its an amazing tool , We will be using it much more in the future , You have used it a lot then xxx

      Delete
  3. That was impressive, looking on youtube to repair the dryer. I wonder how much it would have cost to get someone in to repair it? Your garden is looking lovely, the raised bed full of herbs looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the call out charge would be about £40 alone xxx

      Delete
  4. Your garden looks beautiful, and I am very envious of your garden wall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks scarlet, I got all excited when we came to look at this house when we did the exchange because of the wall as i have Always wanted a walled garden although i would love it to be surrounding a period home lol xxx

      Delete
  5. Your garden is looking really good, I just love the blue planters. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marlene , Its ever so easy to maintain Those planters too xxx

      Delete
  6. You have a very pretty garden. X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Tracey I still have lots of ideas to add yet xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your garden looks gorgeous! I love your planters; especially the one with the plants hanging over the edge - beautiful. Good luck with your Wisteria; I've had mine for 6 years and only ever had one bloom...

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your message , Shabby