Saturday 9 June 2018

Déjà vu and Jumble Sale finds

I wish i could find dresses i like in my size at jumble sales but they are few and far between everything seems to be in a size 14 , Last year i bought this dress and it was very expensive for me at £45.00 , But i could justify the fact that as i am very , very slowly losing weight ( due to my thyroid and beta blockers ) The style of the dress would shrink with me due to the elasticated part and being denim it would last for years , So i was chuffed when i saw  this pink one in the same style that would still shrink with me , It was however a lot cheaper at £19.95 

The original Denim one.





The new pink one .



Two items of clothing i managed to get for myself for 30p each at the latest Jumble sale. 





Three lanterns for £3.00.




This Feather Eiderdown was £2.00 , I managed to get it in the washer and when the weather was nice last week it was pegged out for four days to dry.   



xxxx

Does anyone know whats happening to the comments ,I have answered them and published them but half of them have disappeared , Plus i have no email notification of the comments now either .

15 comments:

  1. What lovely dresses! I don't wear dresses, haven't owned one for years and years, but I'd wear those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Eileen, I love seeing your finds, love the dresses I like that style myself, I do have quite a few dresses now. Love the lanterns, are you keeping those? I have a few of the larger size ones, great for the winter nights, and it's surprising how much heat they give out when the candles/tea lights are in them.xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I Am not sure if the lanterns are going to go on my market yet or not as I have an area in the garden that i could use them in but its not ready yet , Not sure lol xxx

      Delete
  3. Lovely finds Eileen. It's so good to hear that you are feeling better because of the yoga. I've had to buy a lot of new clothes lately as I'm now a size 12/14, but have mainly shopped second hand. I don't know what size I will end up being as I haven't set a target and didn't want to waste money.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done scarlet in your weight loss , I am really pleased with the results of the yoga and will continue, I will cut it back to 5 times a week when i have lost my weight as it helps with that too , xxx

      Delete
  4. The new finds are lovely Eileen. I don't get email notification of comments now either. Don't know what has happened, it seems blogger has thrown another wobbly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My comments have disappeared to, not sure why. Beautiful dresses and I loved the cardigan, such a bargain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish they would get there act sorted out its so annoying it looks like people are not commenting , I might try taking the view before i publish off to see if that works xxx

      Delete
  6. Not sure, but I know the EU is trying to virtually wipe out the internet. There will be no more linking to another person's blog or website if the EU get their way...yet another authoritarian move by the EU. This will have a major impact on all bloggers, in fact it could wipe out most blogs and websites. Forums in particular will also be majorly affected. We only have three weeks before the EU parliament decide. I can provide a link if you want to know more, but I am not usually 'political' so don't usually add this sort of thing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. On another note, love the dresses and so pleased you managed to find another in a style you really like.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those dresses are so pretty - how lucky to find an identical one for half price, too.
    I don't understand Blogger at all. I used to get an email with comments that needed to be published but that stopped a while ago. xxx

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your message , Shabby