Thursday 16 June 2016

Lots of gardening & Vintage finds

I was getting really fed up with not being able to do my garden myself so i hit upon a plan , I didnt know if it would work but i had nothing to loose, 
We can't afford to have somebody else dig the garden, the quotes coming in to level tellie tubbie  land were £500, money we have haven't  got ,
 My plan was to try and get my back strong so i could do the levelling myself slowly but surely , So,
 Also slowly  but surely i stared to do yoga just starting off at 10 mins a day , Not complicated moves just beginners yoga and now have built  up to 40 mins 5 times a week , 
The effect on my back is fantastic my core muscles are a lot stronger and i plan to continue,
  As now bit by bit i am levelling my garden
Be it on my knees but its happening ,half an hour to an hour a day some days it drains my energy with my other health issues but i rest for a few days then get back to it  .
 I still have to have my repeat bloods done next week
Fingers crossed they will be ok .

This is the reason i have been absent from blogging. 
This part of the Garden I am digging the vegetation up to the wall at the back .
The sod has been stored as future compost at the back of the shed .
Then next will be the lawn so that i can completely level both of the areas together , The area  in the picture below will be a gravel area hopefully with some raised beds so i can start a vegetable garden next year.
  


My bargain plants are coming along niceley.









The Apple Trees we bought with us should be fully grown in two years now.





And the jasmine is as beautiful as ever.





I am growing some vegetables, Tomatoes ,Beans, Courgettes and Potatoes.

The potatoes are in shopping bags behind the shed.


And my hanging baskets are coming along lovley on the shed .





Slowly but surely i will have the garden of my dreams.


Vintage Finds

I have been buying some more pretty linen and pictures  for my businesses.

















The living room and bedroom are still being added to bit by bit so there are no updates as yet. 

xxxx

14 comments:

  1. I love your garden ! I didn't realise that it was a walled garden . Walls absorb the warmth of the sun and then pulse it out again at night ..you have some beautiful plants there and they are going to do really well .That seat is the most important thing though for you at the moment , like me , you need to pace yourself , take a rest and recover yourself after doing something in the garden . Yoga is great ! Love your treasures too . Daisy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Daisy , The Garden is what swayed me to move here when we had to sell our house and rent it back , We had a mutual exchange to here and i saw the potential in the garden and i love the walled garden , You dont normally get that unless you have your own house xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll get there in the end and it will be worth it xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it will take me all summer but at least it will be up and ready for next year xxx

      Delete
    2. Sorry I forgot to ask, I see you buy a lot of vintage linens , I am always spotting table linen at the carboots sometimes it is very badly stained, how do you get on with stain removal, thankyou Marlene x

      Delete
    3. I use oxy stain remover from poundland or B & m , some other shops sell it its better than any vanish or that type of stain remover , I soak in in nearly hot water overnight and it usually does the job , There are not any pieces that i have to right off xxx

      Delete
    4. Ok thankyou for helping, have a lovely weekend, Marlene xx

      Delete
  4. You have already done wonders, the garden is looking amazing, slowly but surely you will get there. Certainly some great finds, I love the christening gown.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks , I am hoping to be done for next years growing season xxx

      Delete
  5. Your garden is looking lovely, the plants are thriving, aren't they?
    So glad you're giving yoga a try, it's great for improving flexibility and good for the soul, too. Walsall Council used to offer free pilates classes which is another fantastic, gentle but strengthening exercise to try.
    Love the finds especially that stunning German blouse! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. My friend mel said we have good soil so anything thrives really ,I did yoga years ago and had a fantastic figure so you never know for an oldie i might get there yet , I love that blouse too , Shame its to small xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those pieces. The details are just beautiful!Your garden looks lovely too.
    Sarah
    www.rogueandfox.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your garden and your before - after pics. I don't have a garden (yet) and it's so nice to see others :) I also love your vintage finds...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like my garden mari , Have a look at my latest posts there are some more vintage finds there xxx

      Delete

thank you for your message , Shabby