Tuesday 4 December 2018

Cheese please

I love cheese but it has to be extra mature cheddar not just any mature  cheese , some of it just has a more mature taste than others but no flavour , It's hard to find one that tastes good but is not expensive , I purchased some from Asda when i did the online shop and i didnt like that one, I also had some Edam,  I remember that had more taste too, In the end  i had  lots of open undesirable cheese and i don't like waste , So i bought some of the cheese that i do like  Morrisons extra mature and grated it all together to use in cooking.






Just one of the meals i remembered to photograph , Wholemeal pasta bake.




At the moment i am keeping busy at home we are not going out much , My husband had another episode on saturday like i said before its always in the morning , He has his scan this week so i am hoping its not long before we get the results.


So another thing i have managed to do is get the house dressed for christmas , like every year no new decorations here.I also made some more mince pies , They don't last long in our house.  





I sorted out this christmas tin that i had bought from a boot sale while on holiday.






Not being able to do the market i am having to sell some of my stock , So have been sorting out some large lots to sell on Ebay.




I also forgot i had these velvet red curtains that i might use in the bedroom if they don't sell  for what i want for them , I will just introduce some more red in there.   


xxxx

16 comments:

  1. I absolutely adore your tree, it's stunning. I have tree envy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks , It as bought from a charity shop about eight years ago now and all the baubles the only thing that's new are the lights xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the open shelves in the kitchen. So cute for Christmas. Hope your weather isn’t too cold and damp there. Getting down to zero degrees in Minnesota later this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debby , Its not a very big kitchen so we had to fill in the gaps with open shelving practical as well as looking good ,It so cold and damp today but not as cold as you are wrap up warm and take care xxx

      Delete
  4. Hi Eileen, we prefer the mature cheese here, grating it does make it go so much further.Love the decorations, love all your home, you have such good taste, love seeing your vintage kitchenware, and I really love the enamel sign/picture, I am on the look out for something to put up above my kitchenette, but haven't come across the right thing yet. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Marlene , Thanks for the compliments on our home , As you know its done on a very tight budget , I think you have to think harder about the look when there is not much money coming in , Like i always say the right thing always comes along if you wait long enough xxx

      Delete
  5. Your tree does look majestic, rather grand and very pretty. Hope all goes well with the scan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou , we have had it for about 8 years now bought from a charity shop and all the decorations too xxx

      Delete
  6. I love cheese don't eat much of it any more. The other day I made a cauliflower cheese (massive caulis are 2 for £1 on West Brom market) and realised that our extra mature cheddar (Morrisons' own, it's rennet free so suitable for vegetarians) was two months past the sell by date.Not that it stopped me from using it!
    Good luck with your eBay selling - those curtains are lovely and it seems a shame not to keep them.
    Hope Dave gets some answers very soon. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The same people who do the west brom stall do wednesbury on a friday and i had two of the caulis for £1.00 they were great , When nikki was little i used to work for a cafe in wednesbury it was on the corner below where wetherspoons is now , She used to cut all the mold off the cheese if she had had it a long time and sell the sandwiches she made with it , Yes dave is a worry at the moment there is something not right xxx

      Delete
  7. Cheese is my downfall I'm afraid and although mature cheddar is my favourite I do like some of those flavoured cheeses you can get such as the white stilton with apricots. I bought a wheel of eight flavoured cheeses from the Christmas Market which I can't wait to try.

    Your Christmas tree looks beautiful.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes sheila , I like the ones with pineapple and chives but only usually buy them at christmas xxx

      Delete
  8. I do live Chee's! Most recently, goat cheese from Aldi's. I hope you get insight re. your hubbies' condition soon. Your decorations are lively. Just my style.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The only other cheese i like rebecca is the ones i mentioned to sheila above , Glad you like my decorations we have had them for years now xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am drooling at your lovely home..... best wishes for your husband

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou , He has been episode free now for three weeks we are just waiting for the results of his mri now xxx

      Delete

thank you for your message , Shabby