Monday 13 November 2017

Well i didnt like that

When i arrived at my appointment yesterday i was told the MRI would take 20 mins the first half then 10 mins the second half, 

I think the staff told me this because i was dreading the scan , I dont like the enclosed space and then they told me the first part i would have to wear a what they called a helmet , I would describe it as more like a cage that fits over your head with a bar across your face , This was supposed to take 20 mins it took 35 ,
 They then fetched me out so i could have the cage took off and i went back in for a further 25 mins , 
It was called a wide bed scanner that is supposed to be easier for people with problems with the normal scanner but it still is about 6 inches from your face and wraps all around you 
The problem is  i need some answers and had to talk myself out of continuously pressing the panic button , I did feel a bit proud of myself when i came out and they said well done you have done really well but i was uptight for the whole hour ,
 Mind you it didnt help that they had the download charts on and my god the current music is so rubbish a bit of supertramp or clannad would have been lovely, Anyway its over now i just have to wait for the results.


Ebay.


Does anybody sell on Ebay , Are you having problems selling things at the moment , I have put some of my things on Ebay and usually when november lands it gets really busy, people buying gifts but hardly anything is selling i really think people are struggling and this is a sign of the times , 
What do you think,

Just some of the Items i have on with a starting price of 99p







Job lot of vintage jewellery. 

  


The thing is Ebay is not very good at selling things in December either or will people be waiting until the last minute this year, Mind 

XXXX

22 comments:

  1. Glad you made it through those tests!
    And re. Ebay....I wonder if the market just isn't so glutted with goods. Many, many baby boomers are downsizing and the next generation just doesn't have the desire to acquire.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Rebecca , yes i think you could be right about Ebay xxx

      Delete
  2. Well done for getting through the scan. I'm terrible at keeping still at the best of times.
    That's why we stop doing fairs in November. Everyone's too fixated with C********** and haven't got the brains to buy vintage, it's all horrible tat from the high street. that being said Beaver Lambs just don't sell - I've got a couple of beauties from the 1930s I've had for years without a sniff of interest.
    Ebay's been brilliant for me lately - for buying! I've got some amazing 99p bargains. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks vix ,Normally i have muscle spasms when lying rigid and thats no good for the pictures but the doctor gave me some medication to help , its always the same when ebay is quiet for me its good for you but normally november is good xxx

      Delete
  3. I hope you don't have to wait too long for your scan results. I was told off for moving during my last scan - I didn't remember moving... I think I briefly fell asleep so was twitching!

    Love your pretty jugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol ,wish i could have gone to sleep , I will have the results in two weeks xxx

      Delete
  4. mri scans are not enjoyable. The last one I had was in one of the wider scanners and I was able to take a cd in that played classical music with the sound of the sea but I wasn't allowed to go to sleep as I had to hold my breath at certain times. Hope the results are helpful to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks , this was a different hospital and they didn't give me a choice of music like the last hospital xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. How brave you are to have gone through that scan. I couldn't do it and would have to refuse it if I ever needed one.
    I can't offer any advice on Ebay I'm afraid but I'm sorry it's not doing very well for you at the moment.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
  7. The only way I could cope was by keeping my eyes closed.The last one took over an hour and by the time they slid me out I could barely walk. I've never had music played.
    I haven't put anything on eBay for months, but was going to. I don't think I will bother now. Taking photos and listing is so time consuming to then not sell the stuff :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. whats the ebay link for the jewellery please

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello , Ebay dont allow me to link to the blog now but if you search foe job lot of vintage jewellery , newly listed , my user name is shabbychicvintagecottage , i did have this one as a buy it now price but tonight have listed it at a starting price of 99p , Hope thats ok xxx

      Delete
  9. Absolutely love those 3 jugs. How would I buy them. Not used to EBay Shabby. I am near you though, in Halesowen. Bev

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Beverley , The gilding is really worn on the handles but they are rare and really old , I am on wednesbury market bu morrisons friday mornings but not this week as i have to fetch some stock , I need £25.00 for them though to get some sort of return , They were on ebay at a start price to come and get me but have had to finish them because of people not buying because they are buying christmas presents i was going to put them back on the week after christmas as thats a good time to sell on Ebay normally , If you are on facebook , Search for either shabby chic vintage or , Eileen Smith and send me a massage xxx

      Delete
    2. Eileen, I found what I thought was your Shabby Chic Vintage and messaged them. The lady hadn't heard of Eileen!!! Do you have a link, or a regular market stall? Bev

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    4. Sorry Beverley , I must have been on planet blog when i did this reply , Lets start again , My ebay name is shabbychicvintagecottage , Ebay will not allow links now as they say it encourages sales outside of ebay , Its a new thing , There is a section on there where you can search for a seller , I am on facebook either as Eileen Smith or shabby chic vintage or i am on wednesbury market usually friday mornings but have not gone this week because of weather, If you are on facebook private message me if you find me , Sorry about this , Eileen

      Delete
    5. Also try searching silver and enamel tortoise brooch as that is one of my listings at the moment xxx

      Delete
  10. How odd I'm currently selling stuff on eBay it's selling ok not for loads but then it's always like that. A couple of fur coats £20 each books at £5 a couple of dresses etc so I'm happy with my sales at the mo. I don't do it all the time though lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Its a nightmare at the moment , The 1940s fur coat only sold for £10.50 tonight , Its not good when it is your only income xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Shabby
    Did you have just the 1 fur?

    A

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your message , Shabby