Google+ Followers

Tuesday, 26 February 2013


MY BEAUTIFUL KITCHEN.



This is the hub of my home, where i create all my frugal dishes, the whole kitchen cost less than £500, i had always wanted a country style kitchen and a few years ago i showed my husband a picture in a magazine,  with time and research he built it for me it was originally varnished pine but now has been painted to create a shabby chic vintage look , below is some costings to give you an idea of how it was done.


Wood from B & Q, £300.

Table and chairs Ebay £56.00 , this was a christmas present from our daughter.

Tiles for work surface one of B & Q white budget range wich were £7.95 a box at the time , we used two boxes.

Gingham behind the glass was originally a duvet cover from a charity shop , £3.99

Paint was Dulux reduced to half price when focus closed down.

China tea set, jugs and fruit bowl car boot sales from 50p  to £5.00.


I love my kitchen but will probably have to leave it as we are moving house in the near future, we still want a shabby chic vintage kitchen so i will be posting step by step how we achieve it .



xxxx



No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for your message , Shabby