Tuesday 12 December 2017

Muscle foods

For a long time now i have wanted to try muscle foods ,Hopefully reducing  my food bill even more, So when they had the black friday deal i took advantage and sent for the new customer pack , 

Initially it looked brilliant  and very good value for money , I seperated it into individual meal portions and was looking forward to creating delicious meals with the meat , There were a couple of things i knew we wouldn't eat like turkey thigh meatballs but on the whole like  i said it looked great ,
 The first thing we tried was the hache steaks they were as tough and rubbery as old boots , The steak was in chunks not sliced and was also very tough , The chicken  after initially roasting it in foil it didnt have much taste so i had to add herbs and butter to give it some taste ,The bacon was slimey,The chicken burgers tough,
The rest of the meat we had tried has been of similar quality and i am not very happy at all spending £79.00 and then every meal time worrying what its going to taste like , I have now had to turn the steak into casseroles or pies cooking it for very long periods in the slow cooker , 
So i complained , The customer service was very good but they wanted to replace the items i was not happy with but i don't want any more of their meat , The only thing that looked Ok was the Artisan Turkey so i opted for one of those feeling satisfied with the offer , 
Well that was until this weekend being snowed in and running out of bread flour (very unusual for me ) we had the protein loaf that came with the meat and almost straight away as soon as i opened the packet i could tell it was not fresh , It was the smell of a loaf you have had for a few days , Initially when i put it in the freezer i thought it was the texture of the bread but it wasn't it was stale , 

There was also a Beef pizza which came out of the packet soggy , I thought it would firm up after cooking it but it was still soggy and went in the bin so we ended up with egg chips and beans ,The problem is  in the end it has cost me more money because of having to come up with replacement meals , I have emailed the customer service and they offered to send replacements of these items but i declined , I am waiting to hear from them yet again , I know these products are sold because of their lack of fat but  i buy lean meat from the supermarket and don't have a problem with that and  am an excellent cook (even though i say it myself) so its not that either. Sometimes i wish i could become a vegetarian.  




Christmas decorations are up now , I have not bought one new decoration at all this year. 








Sorry about the lack of blog posts i am feeling a bit anxious as i am still waiting for the results of my scan wich they said would take two weeks now they are saying it could take six , It's been four now , I dont mind waiting it's just that they should not have told me two initially so i wouldnt get so wound up.


XXX  

15 comments:

  1. Thankyou for sharing your experience with muscle foods, I have heard lots of people talk about it, and was thinking of trying it, but not sure if I should now, I don't really like online deliverys apart from Approved foods, I like to look myself in the supermarket. Your Christams decor looks lovely, I know it is a waiting and worrying time for you, but try not to think about it too much and enjoy your Christmas.
    Best wishes
    Marlene xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks marlene , Tonight we have eat the best thing out of the meat and it was some burgers but there was only two in the whole lot , A merry christmas to you too xxx

      Delete
  2. I do hope you get those results soon - hopefully no news is good news.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks vix , It dont help when we are having no postal deliveries because our estate is still snowed in lol xxx

      Delete
  3. Like Marlene I thank you for the Muscle Foods review as I was also going to try it after Christmas. I certainly won't be doing that now.
    Love your Christmas decorations.
    Hope your results arrive soon.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Sheila , Like i have just said to marline tonight we had the first thing that we really enjoyed and that was the beefburgers , I am hoping i dont have to wait much longer now xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you get your results soon. I ended up waiting 10 weeks for the results of my last MRI due to the consultant going on holiday! Hopefully as Vix said, no news is good news, though I understand completely that you just want to know what is causing your ill health. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks scarlet OMG 10 weeks i would be tearing my hair out xxx

      Delete
  6. Your tree really is lovely (and I like the color of your walls)!
    And I can imagine the angst re. the time it's taking for your test results to come back.
    I have NO idea what muscle foods are! A new term/concept for me. Sounds like nothing I will try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rebecca , Muscle foods is a company set up for you to order high protein low fat meat but as its supposed to be good value for money its catching on with frugal people that's how i found out about it xxx

      Delete
  7. Well thats put me right off Muscle Foods - no wonder you're unhappy with them - it sounds like you've had a really poor customer experience from them - For me, you can't beat Howdles Butchers in Clayhanger - it's always my 'go to' butchers and where I will be heading next Friday for the Christmas beef xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that trudie it's not far from us might give it a try xxx

      Delete
    2. Hi
      Just popped back in - the meat is really good there so there's always a queue - in the 20 odd years I've been going there, I've never walked in and found the shop empty, it's not cheap but not expensive but it's good quality meat - hope it helps xx

      Delete
  8. I am what is now described as an ethical carnivore lol we eat very little meat but what I do buy is organic free range etc I buy the very best I can source I know it’s more expensive but I’d rather eat less of it and have great quality stuff better for the environment better for me. I’m an excellent cook too and I like using top quality ingredients this goes for baking also everything I buy is organic re flour butter sugar etc i like a nice dessert but I don’t buy any baked goods from stores preferring to bake my own then I know there’s no rubbish like palm oil trans fats etc in what I’m eating. It doesn’t cost me more as I limit my intake lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Wendy , I am seriously looking at eating less meat in the new year after this experience , Its put me off it a bit but i am on an extremely tight budget and cannot afford to buy organic at the moment , I bake all our puddings and cakes and cook everything else is cooked from scratch too , I could not imagine not being able to cook , The only thing is i wish i could limit my intake like you lol xxx

      Delete

thank you for your message , Shabby