Sunday 8 January 2017

The Jumbles have begun and suitcase makeover



Last year i bought from auction a job lot of suitcases planning on upcycling and over the christmas holiday i did this one , It needs a little bit of tidying up and some extra lace trim on the sides , First of all i sprayed it cream as it was rather dirty , Then after rummaging in my fabric stash i found that i only  had white lace so i dyed it with  cold tea and this is the before and after photos.








The first Jumble sale of the yaer was yesterday , Not very good at all
 but that one never is really, i have had the odd few things I only really go to that one if there is nothing else on but i did pick up a few clothes for my stall  when i start back in february and this vernon ward framed print.






I had better luck at the auction , Last year i picked up two of these paintings although they were smaller than this one and i did really well with it Drooling over it again and want to keep it but i can't.











Food wise i have only spent £9.00 since christmas just on fresh stuff , Even though i am changing my diet i am still enjoying the evening meal i desire  such as beef stew with suet free Dumplings.



XXXX

15 comments:

  1. Ooooooooh.....the suitcase looks gorgeous.
    Not sure if I have wished you a Happy New Year yet.......if not then have a good one-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sheila , Happy Ne Year to you too , You probably have but i have forgot who i have siad it to so have gave up now lol xxx

      Delete
  2. I loved the suitcase, what a delight. A beautiful makeover. What do you do with the inside?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks , The insides are perfect , They have the orignal silk linings with pockets all they needed was a vacuum out if i do any more i will show the linings xxx

      Delete
  3. I love what you've done with the suitcase it's gorgeous. Happy new year and good luck with sourcing lots of fab vintage gear for your stall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks wendy , I love this time of year you can find some great stuff xxx

      Delete
  4. Looks lovely Shabby nice idea. I bought a Christmas one before Christmas although not an original and makeover. Might be a good one to do ona Christmas theme. If you go on pinterest you can find vintage sheet music that can be used for crafting decorations or covering existing items. You could do it in effect like decoupage or scrap p
    archwork crazy quilting.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have thought about doing a decoupage one one of them i have lots of ideas floating about xxx

      Delete
    2. Look forward to seeing the results but you hsve given me an idea too. When i was 15 my great uncle bought me a brown vanity case. I dont really want to get rid of it because he is no longer with us but because he bought it i cherish it daft as i am. I have some old lace too. There is also a very good website for free images and shows other peoples revamps which is very good. I am hoping to have a go at revamping some items in the summer months when oh is fishing now that i have the shed to play in. Jope things are good for you at the moment. Take care pattypan xx

      Delete
    3. P.s. the name of the site is called: thegraphicsfairy.com

      Pattypan xx

      Delete
  5. Your suitcases are so charming . . . great job:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How beautifully the suitcase turned out! Glue? ModPodge? And the painting and print are both SO fine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Rebecca , Just plain old pva , Modge podge is so expensive xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely job you've done on the suitcase! It looks so pretty!

    I loved your harbour picture - I have a few harbour pictures on my landing and a couple in my bedroom; one is very similar to yours.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your message , Shabby