Google+ Followers

Thursday, 11 July 2013

My frugal shabby chic bedroom makeover

 
 
 
 
 
Before Below.
 
 
 
 



I have finally finished the bedroom apart from the curtains
but as we don't really need them until the weather changes I am putting them aside for a  few months as there are more  important things need to be done , the only three things that were new initially in my bedroom were the mattress bought  two years ago , the Laura Ashley quilt my daughter bought me for Christmas and the blinds they are the only item bought new for this bedroom everything else is what I already had , bought over the years from charity  shops , jumble sales and car boots , even the dressing table was from free cycle which I re vamped , the chest of drawers Dave made me years ago when he was well enough , it only cost about £45.00 to make the pair , the paint was two different half cans of green mixed together , the curtains are just bog standard net curtain which was from a charity shop but as there is a lot of it  looks better draped , just need to find the right ribbon to tie them back , there are other things we need in here , like a wardrobe as we are using the closet at the moment but as we need to have a radiator moved this will have to wait until we have some spare cash. 


 
 
 
 
Romantic cottage pictures above the bed.
 
 
 
 
Embroidered roses , shabby chic painted dressing table , I just need a proper stool , I am sure I will find one from a boot sale.
 
 
 
 
 
Bog standard net curtain.
 
 
 
 
 
Vintage feather quilt bough from a charity shop in tintagel Cornwall last year, Laura Ashley quilt a Christmas present from my daughter , the vintage linen dressing the bed are table cloths.
 
 


Our wedding photographs surround this mirror.





 
 
 
I have one wall left in between the windows , I cant make my mind up between the shelves or the embroidery.
 
 
 
xxxx
 
 

12 comments:

  1. What a fab bedroom, I love the shade of green on the walls and all the pictures and paintings! I'd go for the embroidery between the windows, but that's just me. The whole effect makes for a relaxing place to retreat to - and on a shoestring too, well done.
    P.S. I do hope that's a spelling mistake in your main bit of writing otherwise you've got some very lucky moths lol!
    Hope you are both feeling well today :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Louise, I've changed the spelling mistake lol ,I agree with you about the embroidery , that was my first choice but when I realised I had the shelves to use as well I was unsure , but I think I will use the shelves for display somewhere in the bathroom , not feeling to bad today thanks although the tramadol helps lol xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great job! It just goes to show what you can do on a small budget!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sara , thanks , I think you get more pleasure out of creating something with a tight budget than spending lots of money buying everything on the high st xxx

      Delete
  4. i'd go for embroidery. your bedroom looks good so much more unique than the trendy look beforehand xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you , I don't like to follow fashion , I like to be different xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Shabby! Oh, this is so lovely. I really like what you have done to your room and it looks absolutely gorgeous. The soft colour of the walls looks very calming, perfect for a bedroom. I agree too, I think I would go for the embroidery. But the beautiful shelves can't go to waste either! I'll look forwards to seeing where you decide to put them.
    Hope you are feeling OK. I've had a few bad days this week with my arthritis but it's better today.
    Love, Ruby xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello ruby I am glad you like it , I love spending time in there now , I have decided to go for the embroidery now , my husband made me the shelves when he was able , they are going to go in the bathroom , sorry to hear you have not been well , are you on any drugs for the arthritis , do they work as my husband has just started the medication and was wondering if they actually work , Eileen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely room, it looks like you've been there for years, it's so well co-ordinated and pretty and Dave's quite the cabinet maker, they are gorgeous.
    I'd use both the shelves and the sampler. if it's worth doing it's worth overdoing! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. hello vix , thanks , glad u like it , yes Dave was good I only had to show him a picture of something I wanted and he could make it , self taught as well ,we are hoping that the medication he is now on will work so he can do something again its he loves working with wood , I think he would be able to teach people too we will just keep our fingers crossed , the trouble is it can take up to six months to work but it will be worth waiting for , he made the frame for the embroidery too ,xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your bedroom is so beautiful, I love the shade of green. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you , i am in the process at the moment of getting the other rooms done ,there will be lots of updates before christmas , if you follow me there will be emails , well at least i think thats the way it works , to let you know when i have updates , Eileen x

      Delete

thank you for your message , Shabby